Books by Brindle Chase

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday


Meet Katherine from Dark is the Night, six sentence Sunday excerpt



My real name is Katherine and the abbreviated version they used didn’t bother me. I responded to a lot of names. Katherine, Kathy, Kat, Kate, Cop, Bitch. I nodded and slammed shut my door. Greg always let me take the wet work. We both understood I was better at it.

“Roger that,” I said and took a sip from my espresso.




Available at Amazon * Barnes & Nobles * ARe * Smashwords

20 comments:

  1. Love a woman with an attitude...great 6 Brindle
    Dawne P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL 'I responded to many names...' I love that line. fab six, Brindle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice six Brindle. It definitely grabs you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! The black on grey was really difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to second MissM, I had a bit of a struggle to read it. Nice six though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Wet work' is both disturbing and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get a breat sense of her character in these SS. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. I thought I'd fixed the font color... ug!! Should be fixed now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice work Brindle my love, as usual.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic six! A gal with a 'tude. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice indeed! Can't WAIT to read this book! As soon as I have time!

    Hugs,
    SammyJo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really liking her attitude, you have given her a great voice. Thank you for a great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm already disturbed: I do and don't want to know what 'wet work' is. What's clear is that they do it often enough to know who's really good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great six! I actually remember this scene.*grin* Kat is hot and sexy! I'm loving your story btw!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Wet work". That's a term that always gets the attention! :)

    ~Xakara
    Dawn's Early Light

    ReplyDelete