Books by Brindle Chase

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Got some Nookie



My beautiful wife got me a Nook for Christmas and I am sooooo pleased. Here's my initial impression:

Setup: Getting the Nook up and running is very simple. First you charge it fully, which takes about 4 hours, then you're good to go. Without reading the instructions, I was able to figure out the navigation in a few minutes. Easy as pie. The only trouble I had, was connecting to my home wi-fi connection, but that was because the touch pad on the Nook is very sensitive and takes a little getting used, plus my wi-fi password is 26 characters long. Had to do it 3 times to get it right. *lol*

Loading books works easily, especially if you plug into a computer that has them all. Just drag and drop and they appear in your Nook's libary. The only bad thing is, that Amazon kindle books will not work on the Nook (boo, hiss!), but that is because Amazon intentionally made it that way, not Barnes & Noble. The good is, that all other eBook vendors books do work on the Nook.

Reading is super easy. Touch the "my library" icon and your books appear. Scroll down to the book you want and open it and you are reading!!! The screen is clear, crisp and reads like paper. Some PDFs have screwy page breaks, but none of the story is lost and its rare, so I didn't feel it was bothersome.

So, that's it so far... More as I play with it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment