Books by Brindle Chase

Friday, February 19, 2010

To write is not easy

I think there is a glorified and often untruthful vision by some about the life of a writer. Its not all writing, and its not all fun.

There is ALOT of waiting. And waiting. And there is alot of critical commentary a writer must endure. Neither are something you can ignore. To be a writer you must be patient. If you're not the patient type... well, you still have to wait, so there you go. And you need thick skin. Rejection is very common. Writers learn to suffer long stretches of waiting to hear back from editors, publishers and agents. They learn to take harsh and brutal critique of their writing, because it comes by the truckload.

What's my point? Nothing... just waiting. *lol* I currently have one novel and one short story out on submission and desperate for responses. Hehehe.

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for submissions is TOUGH. In fact, I have one that I've been waiting to hear back from since September (and no, I'm not kidding!).

    Just keep up the good writing and the contracts will come! ;)

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweety! I just sent off another one, so now I have three pending. *lol*

    ReplyDelete